Saturday, January 2, 2016

Atheist

facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

I do not particularly like the term, “atheist.’

Please enjoy my thoughts on the subject…


There is a subsection of the human race that, by either free will or unthinking tradition-repetition or brainwashing, has decided to conjure up a magic space wizard without having the slightest bit of evidence. This magic space wizard apparently controls everything, except when things don’t go the way the believer wants. Then, it is either the doings of the magic space wizard’s magic evil nemesis, or is just a mysterious way of the magic space wizard who has a plan but will not reveal it to anyone, thereby creating an explanationless explanation for anything that does or does not happen. Because magic.

Now, there are any number of thousands of space wizards that have been conjured up over the millennia, but only the one in which the individual magic space wizard-believer believes in is the one true real one that really exists, without evidence. And each of these magic space wizards have the same basic origin story, having borrowed from each of the previous origin stories. Apparently, magic doesn’t include original ideas.

Why do I not like the term atheist?

Because, although I have absolutely nothing to do with what magic space wizard-believers invented, believe, and blindly follow - somehow, I’m the one who has to be labeled.

I am not totally opposed to the term ‘atheist,’ but I do not care for it due to the fact that it directly ties a person to magic space wizard beliefs. You believe in magic, so I'm to be called an anti magic believer? Leave me the fuck alone, ay? It would be like calling people who don’t read comic books, “anti comic book readers.” Why invent a label for a person who has nothing to do with the subject at hand?


Flying Spaghetti Monster

If you have an absolute need to put people in an easily labeled box in order for you to understand them, or the way the world works, then I will accept any of the following labels:

Freethinker
Critical thinker
Skeptic

I will also accept the European spelling, ‘sceptic.’

I would love to be called ‘scientist,’ but I’m not. The same holds true for ‘escape artist’ and ‘lead singer in a grunge rock band.’ And I’ve just started watching Elementary on Netflix, so ‘Consulting Detective’ would be a pretty cool title as well.

Depending on the circumstances, I will accept ‘asshole.’ I’m that sometimes too. Usually when you start it.



http://i2.wp.com/ultraculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/timeline-myth-religion.jpg

Good day.


And now for something completely different.


Sherlock Holmes Sucks at Deduction





No comments:

Post a Comment