Friday, April 27, 2012

The Times, They Are A Changin’

Here’s a little rant from last year. Republicans had recently shifted into high gear taking as much money from working people and giving even more tax breaks to millionaires. They haven’t let up since.

I felt the need to express my frustration in a cartoon.

Enjoy…


I, for some sadistic reason, keep up with politics. Also, I draw. Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before I tried my hand at a political cartoon. I think it turned out alright. I made my point. My only regret is that I couldn’t figure out how to represent a teacher in shorthand, seeing as how they are pretty much the main face of what Republicans are trying to destroy. Republicans hate education. The rest were easy to depict in one shot.

Historically, police and fire unions back the Republican Party in elections. Despite Wisconsin Governor Walker exempting them from the royal screwing that all the other unions are getting (because they donated to his campaign – which proves screwing unions was never about the budget – aside from also removing collective bargaining from the budget so Republicans could vote on it without Democrats present – in a manner against the Wisconsin Constitution – then ignoring the law and trying to publish and enforce it against a judge’s order – mini tangent), the police and fire unions, finding the Governor’s actions heinous, protested along side the other unions against him. Many other Republican governors did not even feel compelled to exempt police and fire from their union busting crusades.

“Who are these evil teachers who teach your children, these evil policemen who protect them, these evil firemen who pull them from burning buildings? When did we all become evil?...There is going to be a backlash. We are going to hold them accountable.”
- Chuck Canterbury, the national president of the Fraternal Order of Police and former police officer in South Carolina

It is safe to say the police and fire unions should no longer be taken for granted by the Republican Party.


Yes, the times, they are a changin.’

heinous (hay nus) adj. outrageously evil



Good day.






No comments:

Post a Comment