Monday, July 1, 2013

Humble Christian Soldier


This one’s a good one. Well, from my perspective.
I said something – granted, it was a little blunt (and misunderstood) – and a Christian, looking down at me from atop his righteous mountain, smugly tried to smite me.

Watch as his mind completely unravels when I point out he’s talking shit – and then begins rewriting his own history.

Let the smiting begin…
 
11:30 PM Sunday

Mark
Science, maaaan.

Neil deGrasse Tyson: SINNER

Björn
I feel like at some point if I'm doing good work, someone is going to call me an agent of Satan....

Bill Mancuso
My natural instinct was to assume this was satire. I Googled it. It turns out when one assumes, one makes an ass out of u and me. It's a real creationism group. Sorry - "intelligent design."

       
Renfield
Hmmm...It is called the Bible. And it does say that only God has the power to save or destroy. In fact, it says it right here in the book of James:

11 Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. 12 God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?

I do hope the irony is not lost...

Björn
Maybe then you should leave some people alone....

Renfield
I never said I wasn't a sinner...

Kim
i would not be surprised if Tyson had this framed and hanging in his office.

Bill Mancuso
The "Truth Group" spoke evil against NdGT. Then criticized and judged. Repeatedly. To which he never spoke evil, criticized or judged in return. I do hope that hypocrisy is not lost...

Renfield
Not quite so subtle verbatim guy needs to work on reading comp... [And the first insult is tossed out.]

[I admit I misunderstood his point and thought he was justifying what that Truth group was saying. (Seems Björn did, too.) Sarcasm is sometimes difficult to read, as you know. And in any encounter like this I’ve ever had with a “religious” person, they’re usually not exposing hypocrisy, they’re providing it. Not to mention what the Truth people said was not ‘ironic,’ it was ‘hypocritical.’ But hey, who cares that words have meaning, right? Regardless, instead of just pointing out to me that we agree, he dialed it straight to ‘smug douchebag.’]

Bill Mancuso
I don't understand your attempted insult. Please explain. [I did understand. After his “reading comp” quip, I realized what he was saying. I just knew this would be fun and wanted to see where it would lead. Boy, was I rewarded! Hallelujah! ]

Renfield
Its all there. Maybe somebody can help you out. [And the second insult.]

Bill Mancuso
Ooh. Snarky. I'm devastated.

Renfield
Nope, not snarky. Just truthful. I'll explain though. I was trying to save you some embarrassment from your knee-jerk response to seeing scripture. [It wasn’t a knee-jerk response to seeing scripture. It was a knee-jerk response to my mistakenly believing he was supporting the hate group. But why would he knee-jerkly think I was reacting to scripture, when I clearly wasn’t? Must be some 'Christian persecution complex' thing or something.]
1. So-called "truth group" cites Bible as supreme word of God.
2. So-called "truth group" states that only God has power to save or destroy
3. Me, a Christian who recognizes to Bible as the supreme word of God and who has also read it enough to recognize the phrase"save (make) or destroy" and not being of the sort to pick and choose through the word of God (because it IS supreme) to satisfy my own agenda, rather understanding that the will of God is beyond my comprehension and therefore not subject to my picking and choosing, decides to write out the entire passage from which this so called "truth group" has derived this phrase "make and destroy"
4. Thus exposing the irony of the fact that this so called "turth group" has utilized a passage from the bible, the supreme word of God, to judge and condemn a man despite the fact that the passage that they used directs specifically against the condemning and judging of your fellow man.

Get it now buddy?

[Later, I point out that people can go back and re-read this thread since he was contradicting his previous statements. He then, at some point, went back and edited (in red) that last statement which now reads…]

Renfield
Nope, not snarky. Just truthful. I'll explain though. I was trying to save you some embarrassment from your knee-jerk response to seeing scripture.
1. So-called "truth group" cites Bible as supreme word of God.
2. So-called "truth group" states that only God has power to save or destroy
3. Me, a Christian who recognizes the Bible as the supreme word of God and who has also read it enough to recognize the phrase "save (make) or destroy" and not being of the sort to pick and choose through the word of God (because it IS supreme) to satisfy my own agenda, rather understanding that the will of God is beyond my comprehension and therefore not subject to my picking and choosing, decides to write out the entire passage from which this so called "truth group" has derived this phrase "make and destroy"
4. Thus exposing the irony of the fact that this so called "truth group" has utilized a passage from the bible, the supreme word of God, to judge and condemn a man despite the fact that the passage that they used directs specifically against the condemning and judging of your fellow man. This point here is where if we were pro wrestlers, you would get body slammed and I would raise my arms above my head as pyrotechnics rained down on my shoulders while they played that "BOOM" song
5. Hopefully making the point that the word of God should not be judged by those who attempt to interpret it, but on its own merits. This point, in a roundabout way, being very similar to your point, that "Christian" people should not behave in this manner and purport that it comes from the word of God when, in fact, the word of God directly contradicts these sort of actions.

Get it now buddy? [I wonder why he left this part in, which I point out is snarky?]

Bill Mancuso
So, you're saying you agree with me agreeing with you that they are hypocrites, then?

I'm still unclear as to why your initial response was to call me a name (not quite so subtle verbatim guy) and then insult my reading comprehension. Then, when I asked you to explain since I didn't understand, you did not explain but instead chose to reply with snark (maybe somebody can help you out). Then you lied and said you weren't being snarky. All this doesn't seem very Christian of you. "Buddy." (More Christian snark. Or am I reading that wrong again?)

Constantine
Take that Bill Mancuso!! You got biblepwned!

Bill Mancuso
It's true. I did. I am not worthy.

Renfield
I'm sorry that the fact that you took a shot at a guy left you biting off more than you could chew and now you feel like I victimized you. That's fine though. I'm incredibly flawed and I do lots of things that could be construed as "not very Christian" ...especially by people who jump to snap judgements because they read as poorly as you do.
Sorry for victimizing you as you were obviously utterly defenseless and weren't trying to call me out in the least...I would like to call again upon a quotation, only this time not from scripture, though the fact that is not biblical does not make it any less profound. It is from the revered poets YOUNGBLOODZ and the wandering serial interjector Little Jon, "Dont start no shit, it wont be no shit."

Words to live by.

[He went back and edited (in red) that last statement which now reads…]

Renfield
Of course these guys are hypocrites. That was kinda the whole point. I'm sorry that the fact that you took a shot at a guy left you biting off more than you could chew and now you feel like I victimized you. I'm also saddened by the fact that once you got called out, you simply can't admit that you were trying to take a smug little shot at me, despite not reading my post or failing to understand it, and trying to shift the blame over to me for engaging in un-christian behavior instead of owning the fact that you fucked up. That's fine though. I'm incredibly flawed and I do lots of things that could be construed as "not very Christian" ...especially by people who jump to snap judgments because they read, or not read, as poorly as you do.
Sorry for victimizing you as you were obviously utterly defenseless and weren't trying to call me out in the least...I would like to cite another quotation, only this time not from scripture, though the fact that is not biblical does not make it any less profound. It is from the revered poets YOUNGBLOODZ and the wandering serial interjector Little Jon, "Dont start no shit, it wont be no shit."

Words to live by.

Bill Mancuso
What in your god's name are you rambling on about? Don't pretend to be sorry - that's insincere. I neither took a shot at you nor bit off more than I could chew - you seem to be ignoring the fact that I'm easily holding my own against your nonsense - and the fact that I agreed with you - and the fact that you're the one who took a shot at me. (People can scroll up and read this thread. You know that, right?) I never felt victimized - do not try transpose your own feelings onto me. I did not jump to a snap judgment - you did that all on your own. And again, you insult my reading comprehension. Why? Clearly, I understand you. It seems that you do not understand me.

[At this point, he begins to lose his mind.]

Renfield
Obviously you are not familiar with the fine catalog of YOUNGBLOODZ or Little Jon.

Bill Mancuso
How is that relevant? Please explain.

Renfield
Well the beats are pretty fat. I can't really do much for you if you don't understand the relevance of dope beats. That's a YP.

Bill Mancuso
Oh. I see. Your original argument turned out to be built on a foundation of sand, so you're changing the topic. It seems we'll never be Drankin' Patnaz [YOUNGBLOODZ album title] after all.

Renfield
I really don't understand why you hate YOUNGBLOODZ and Little Jon so much. Dude...there is a Z at the end of that instead of an S. That's for real. You know who else hates YOUNGBLOODZ? The Truth Group for Objectivity in Origin Science. That's who.

[He edited that last statement which now reads…]

Renfield
I really don't understand why you hate YOUNGBLOODZ and Little Jon so much. Do not try to change the subject. Dude...there is a Z at the end of that instead of an S. That's for real. You know who else hates YOUNGBLOODZ? The Truth Group for Objectivity in Origin Science. That's who. Them and the KKK. Nice company you're keeping asshole.

Bill Mancuso
When did I ever even write "YOUNGBLOODZ" to have a chance to spell it wrong? It seems you've gone loopy.

Renfield
I cant even read what you write anymore. The racism burns my eyes.

Bill Mancuso
Right.

Renfield
Your real name probably isn't even Bill. Its probably something like General Robert E. Nathan Bedford Forrest Beauregard Jeb Stuart.

Bill Mancuso
That's James Ewell Brown Stuart to you.

[As I was typing that response, his previous response changed before my eyes to this…]

Renfield
Your real name probably isn't even Bill. Its probably something like General Robert E. Nathan Bedford Forrest Beauregard Jeb Stuart and you burn tiny little crosses in the morning to heat up your coffee. Disgusting.

[Then, I went to YouTube to look for this video. I came back and edited my last statement to this…]

Bill Mancuso 
Wow.  
 
[After posting the video, I glanced up and saw the “KKK/asshole” edit to his next previous post. I wondered if I missed anything and began scrolling up. That’s when I found all the other edits to his side of our conversation.]

Bill Mancuso
Wow again. I see that after I pointed out that people can scroll up and read this thread, you went back and edited everything you wrote to try and make your case better. That's sad you have to rewrite history in order to try and sound rational.

Interesting, though, that one of your edits was to go back and add in calling me an asshole. That really is very Christian of you.

Thor
hey Renfield... your god is fucking dead and Dimmu Borgir has replaced it. you can put your head between your legs and kiss your own ass ya dumb fuck.

Uranus
Amusement.

Mark
Oh the lolz that were generated whilst I slumbered.

Renfield
This is what happens when I drink and decide to look at Facebook at like 1 AM... [Drinking alone around midnight on a Sunday? That would be pathetic except I think he’s lying – just trying to come up with an excuse for his insanity. Why do I think he’s lying? Because when he went back and edited his posts, he made spacing, spelling & punctuation corrections and word-choice alterations as well. Not exactly the actions of a drunk. You can check. They’re highlighted, too.]

*****          *****          *****

I’ve never experienced the unraveling of someone’s psyche so intensely before. Usually, they start out at least a little unhinged. Like a Teabagger. This must be some wound-tight, smug, religious, holier-than-thou, thin-skinned bullshit I never realized. After I pointed out that we basically agreed, this should have pretty much ended. But that’s when his cork popped and he came back with his ‘defenseless victimized YOUNGBLOODZ’ spiel. Then spiraled from there. It’s funny, though, that everything he edited happened after his mind snapped, so it was all weird and full of cursing.

I'm so glad my brain doesn't have the extra burden of nonsensical religious dogma to juggle on top of everyday normal struggles.

And I did enjoy the history-rewriting bit. I don’t even wonder if he’s a Republican.


*****          *****          *****








No comments:

Post a Comment